Monday, June 9, 2014
FINISH THAT THOUGHT #49
Welcome back! I'm so excited to see what you all make with the prompt this week! So I won't beat around any bushes (Why is that a saying, anyway?). Go check out the prompt and write an awesome story (then share it with us!). :)
If you need to read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Up to 500 words
2. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
3. Start with the given first sentence.
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
6. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Emily Karn. Go check out her blog here. Read her winning tale from last week here!
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #49 is:
The wizard's apprentice scratched [his] head, staring at the beetle in consternation.
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include a magic spell gone horribly wrong.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!